The Iowa Democratic Party is dedicated to promoting Democratic principles across the state of Iowa and electing qualified and dedicated candidates at all levels of government.
Iowa Democrats have a proud tradition of fighting for an economy built from the middle out, equal rights and the idea that our strength draws from the connections we share. I’m honored and excited to help lead the next chapter in that effort alongside our great Democratic elected officials, partners and supporters across the state.
2014 brings a real opportunity to build on Democrats’ gains in Des Moines and Washington, D.C. not just to say we won an election, but to expand educational and job opportunities for all Iowans.
To get involved signup to volunteer here.
Who we are
- Elected Officials – Our Democrats in elected office.
- Our Chair – Tyler Olson, Cedar Rapids
- State Central Committee – Elected by party members at the state convention, this committee is the governing body of the Party.
- County Chairs – Elected at county conventions, these ninety-nine Democrats oversee the party’s involvement in local races and help organize their county’s Democrats come election time.
- Staff – Based usually at the Des Moines headquarters, the IDP Staff oversees the day-to-day operations of the party such as fundraising, communications, and developing our field operations.
- Official documents – Our party platform and bylaws.